Effective Date: July 1, 2015
Your Privacy Rights
How we collect information about you
When you use the Metabolic Measures website we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, and standard web log data. Standard web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. When you use the Metabolic Measures website, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
When you access our website, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
In addition, we may collect and store any information you provide us when you use the Metabolic Measures website, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Metabolic Measures. If you sign up for a Metabolic Measures service, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit reporting agencies and identity verification services.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with Metabolic Measures. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
We may also collect additional information from or about you from other sources, such as through contact with us, including our customer support team, results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with Metabolic Measure’s Partners or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law).
When you access the Metabolic Measures website we (including companies we work with) may place “Cookies” on your computer or other device. Cookies are small data files placed on your device through your web browser, and include “pixel tags” and “Flash” cookies. We use these technologies to:
- recognise you as a customer;
- customise the Metabolic Measures website and content;
- measure promotional effectiveness;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and
- promote trust and safety across our network.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of the Metabolic Measures website.
How we protect and store personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Australia, the US, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorisation controls.
How we use the personal information we collect
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- customise, measure, and improve Metabolic Measures and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- perform targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorised by our User Agreement;
- manage our risks and help detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities; and
- design products and services.
We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about Metabolic Measures and the services of our partners. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
If all or some of your personal information is not collected, we may be unable to provide you with a Metabolic Measures service or a customised experience.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise Metabolic Measures content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programs, simply indicate your preference by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our website, you can choose to opt out via our website.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties, for the following purposes:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional).
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country. However, we will ensure that we take reasonable steps to ensure the third parties do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review your personal information at any time by contacting us directly. In certain circumstances where we refuse to give you access or correct your information, we will write to you and explain our reasons.
We may retain personal information from our website for a period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
Alternatively, you can report it by:
739 Welshpool Road East
WATTLE GROVE WA 6107
Handling your complaints
We aim to:
- Acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 business days.
- Resolve all complaints within 45 days. This may not be possible in all circumstances.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint within 45 days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint.